Bhatkal Light House, built in the year 1891, is a notable attraction of Bhatkal and should be visited if time permits. This structure is located to the south of the entrance of Bhatkal River, atop a hill, just adjacent to the remains of Bhatkal Fort. It used to be a white stone masonry tower that was converted into a light house when a flashing light and a storm warning signal mast were fitted here in the year 1936. Therefore, now it has a double wick lamp placed within lantern as well as a stone masonry column. During 1956-1958, a new lighthouse tower with attached auxiliary light cabin and fog signal baffle wall were positioned on the hill. On 21st March 1998, metal halide lamp replaced the main source of light from this lighthouse.