The Bengaluru Fort or the Bangalore Fort was built by Kempe Gowda of Vijaynagar Empire in 1537. This was originally a mud fort and was converted to a stone fort by Haider Ali in 1761. The fort is in ruins today after the Third Mysore War that was fought between 1790 and 1792.
The remains of the fort has the Delhi Gate and the ruins of two bastions. The destruction of the fort was started by the British in 1791 and continued till 1930s. Two huge iron cannons were unearthed due to the construction of Bangalore Metro. The fort is located near KR market, a popular shopping destination in Bengaluru.