The Ranthambore Fort is a mighty fort, built in 944 AD. It is situated on top of a hill, at a height of 700 ft above the surrounding plains. The fort lies between the Vindhya Plateau and the Aravalli Hills. It sprawls over a geographical area of about 7 km in circumference.
The fort houses various Hindu and Jain temples, along with a mosque. A large variety of residential and migratory birds can be seen here, due to the presence of several water bodies around the fort.
Tourists visiting the fort can also enjoy a splendid view of the Ranthambore National Park from here. This historical building was under the possession of the Mughals during 1528. In the 17th century, the Mughals gifted the fort to the Maharaja of Jaipur.