The Dwarkadhish Temple in Mathura was built in 1814 by Seth Gokul Das Parikh, who was a treasurer of the Gwalior Estate. The temple is close to the Vishram Ghat, one of the most prominent ghats on the banks of the city. Lord Krishna was often referred to as Dwarkadhish or King of Dwarka and so the name of the temple. Nowadays, the temple is administered by the Vallabhacharya sect.
The main shrine houses the idols of Lord Krishna and his beloved Radha. Then temple also enshrines idols of other gods and goddesses. The interiors flaunt magnificent works of art, carvings and paintings.
The temple welcomes thousands of visitors daily and many more during festive occasions, especially during Janmashtami, or the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna, which falls in August/September. It is also locally known for its annual swing festival which takes place at the end of every Shravan month, which marks the beginning of the rainy season.