Karnataka High Court is known for its traditional design. It is situated right in front of the legislative building of the state, Vidhana Soudha in Ambedkar Veedhi road, Bangalore. The court functions in a building carved out of red bricks known as Attara Kacheri. It was established in the year 1884 as the most superior court of Karnataka which was formerly known as State of Mysore. It was renamed as Karnataka High court in the year 1921.Attara Kacheri literally known as (Eighteen Offices).The Building is a proper example of neoclassical style of Architecture.
The building, which was known by the name 'Old Public Houses' got its name changed to Attara Kacheri when eighteen public departments of Mysore was shifted from Tipu Sultan's Palace to this building. This building was on the verge of being demolished. However a public interest bill was filed in view of public interest which saved the building from being vanquished.