Sheesh Mahal was built by Maharaja Narendra Singh in 1847, behind the Moti Bagh Palace and was the residential palace of the maharajas of Patiala. This edifice is also known as the Palace of Mirrors because of its appealing coloured glass and mirror work. Adding to the beauty, the mahal has a lake in the front and a bridge across the lake, commonly known as Lakshman Jhula.
The mahal has a museum, which has the largest collection of medals from different parts of the globe. Beautiful and detailed artwork, carved over walls and ceilings, demonstrates the hard work of artists from Rajasthan and Kangra. Every year, many cultural programmes and heritage festivals are organised in the Sheesh Mahal.