Varanasi got its first-ever night market on July 7th, 2022. Varanasi is also known as Banaras and is one of the oldest cities in India. The city is located in Uttar Pradesh state and is considered sacred by Hindus.
The city has a rich cultural heritage with many temples and historical monuments from ancient times that have been preserved by UNESCO. Now one of the main attractions of Varanasi will be its night markets where people go to buy products ranging from clothes, jewelry, spices, and other items for daily use or gifting purposes.
The night market is expected to draw a large number of tourists and local people to the city. It will also help in boosting trade during weekends and public holidays. It's an opportunity for vendors to showcase their wares to customers at night when people are not distracted by daytime activities like shopping or sightseeing. It is said that the overall cost for the setup of these night markets is approximately 10 crore.
You can witness Varanasi's first night market under the Lahartara-Chowkaghat flyover.
What to Expect:
- Beautiful the 1.9 km space under the flyover with wall arts.
- Walking trail, Public plaza, Horticulture, and Pavements for a better experience while visiting this lovely night market.
- 99 kiosks and vending zones have been installed.
- Facilities like public toilets, drinking water, and benches for sitting will be there
- One of the amazing shopping experiences in the oldest city in India.
- Souvenirs which you can take home for your friends and family.
- Handmade local stuff which you can't find anywhere.
- Authentic mouth-watering Varanasi delicacies.
- There will be shops, open cafes and food courts.