David Hall, a heritage building constructed by the Dutch East India Company, is situated near the parade ground in Fort Kochi. The building is named after David Koder, a merchant of Jewish origins, who lived here centuries ago.
This ancient heritage building was constructed in 1695 and history has it that it served as the residence of Hendrik Van Reede the Dutch commander who is credited with the compilation of Hortus Malabaricus.
David Hall has been converted into an Art Gallery and Café in recent times under the administration of CGH Earth Company. Today this 317 year old building serves as an excellent venue for the exhibition of paintings and performance of cultural forms.