St Joseph’s Church is one of the most popular churches of Trichy. Constructed in the year 1792, the church is one of the oldest in India. Schwartz had built the church with the funding of British Garrison. This church was used by the British in their mission to spread Christianity. The church is located near Teppakulam which is in the centre of the city. The church is located in close proximity to the Maingaurd Gate, the St. Joseph’s Church.