On their trip to Mysore, tourists are 'recommended' to visit St. Philomena's Church that is also known as St. Joseph's Church. The construction of this old colossal church started in 1933 by Maharaja Krishnaraja Wodeyar III and was completed in 1941. The church displays the Gothic Style of architecture and conserves relics from 3rd century in a catacomb underneath the main altar. The floor plan of this Church is influenced by the Holy Cross while cross nave is the Congregation Hall, transepts are the two arms and the crossing has altar and choir.
Tourists can see idols of St. Philomena and Holy Christ on the marble altar in the Sanctum Sanctorum. Paintings on stained glass windows signify the Jesus Christ birth, the Crucifixion, the Last Supper, the Resurrection and the Ascension of Christ. Another important feature of this church is the two spires or towers which are around 54 m high and similar to the St. Patrick's Church of New York towers.