Gorton Castle, representing the Gothic architectural style, was established in the year 1904. This building was founded by a famous British architect, Sir Swinton Jacob and served as the summer capital of the British. The balconies of the building are adorned with the intricate Rajasthan jali (net) work. The 3-storeyed castle with 125 rooms used to be the office of the civil secretariat during the British reign and presently is the seat of the state’s accountant general. Sanjauli stone was used in the construction of the building and recently, the red-tile roof was altered by galvanised red-iron sheet roof. Rosewood timber blocks from the Andaman surround the building.