The Kambala Tank and Kambala Choultry were constructed in the year 1845. The Kambham Choultry was constructed by Mr. Kambham Narasinga Rao Pantulu and was used as the spot to perform the final cremation rites for Hindus. The Kambala tank also dates to this period and is also known as Kambhala Cheruvu and Kambham Vari Cheruvu. The bricks that were used for constructing the Kambham Choultry were made from the soil that was dug out while making the Kambala Tank. It was later planned to replace the Tank with a stadium, but the idea was opposed by the locals and was dropped. Plans are being formulated to convert it to an amusement park.