Bandh Baretha is an old wildlife reserve. It is located at a distance of 65 km from the city of Bharatpur. In this reserve, tourists can witness some spectacular wildlife species, such as leopard, chital, sambhar, blue bull, wild boar and hyena
In addition, this wildlife reserve is home to about 200 rare varieties of birds. In the reserve, lies a dam that is built over the Kakund River. The construction of this dam was initiated in 1866, by Maharaja Jaswant Singh.
However, the completion of the dam took place between 1897-88, during Maharaja Ram Singh's rule. The reserve also has an ancient palace that belongs to the royal family of Bharatpur.