St. John’s Church is a noted religious-cum-architectural attraction located on the Mall Road in Lansdowne. This Roman Catholic Church was a forest bungalow earlier and was reopened on 29th November, 1980. Interestingly, it is the only church for worship in Lansdowne. The church was established in 1936 under the guidance of Agra Diocese, and its construction was completed in 1937. After India's independence in 1947, Agra Diocese could not manage this church because of the scarcity of priests. Later, the management of the church was handed over to the Indian Government in 1951.
In 1977, Rev. Gratian Mundadan wanted to start a new mission in Lansdowne. He gave the responsibility to Fr. John who took up the subject to the highest authority of India so that the church could be started again. In 1980, Mrs. Indira Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India, granted the permission and handed the responsibility of the church to its legitimate owners. Dr. Paulinus Jeerakath CMI blessed the re-erected on 26th April 1983, and since then daily prayers are offered here.