Jhalawar Fort also known by the name Garh Palace is located at the centre of the Jhalawar city. Maharaja Rana Madan Singh built the fort during 1840-1845. Presently, the Collectorate and many other Government offices operate from this fort. Successors of the Maharaja enhanced the beauty of the place by adorning it with beautiful paintings. The paintings are still kept inside the rooms and can be seen after availing permission from the concerned authorities. Zenana Khas also known as Women’s palace is embellished with frescos on mirrors and walls; these are fine examples of the Hadoti School of Art.