Grand Mosque was originally constructed in 1848 on land that the French Government had donated for its construction. The temple has been renovated and demolished and reconstructed many times over the course of the years. The first remodelling of the mosque was done in the year 1956. In the year 1978 the mosque was completely demolished and a new one was built in its place.
The last act of remodelling happened in the year 1999-2000, when the mosque was rebuilt into the Grand Mosque it is today. Presently, the mosque has the capacity to accommodate around 200 persons during the time of prayer.
Bakrid, Ramzan and Milad un Nabi are the functions that are celebrated with great grandeur in this mosque. People from nearby villages in Andhra Pradesh like Thallarevu, Kolanka and Sunkarpalem come to the mosque to pray. It is an attraction that should not be missed when in Yanam.