The little island of Koh Lipe is located in the Andaman Sea, about 43.5 miles (70 km) southwest of Thailand and close to the Malaysian border. The island, which is a part of the Tarutao National Marine Park, is renowned for its immaculate beaches, untainted scenery, and laid-back vibe. Because its coral reefs are home to 25% of the world's tropical fish species, it is a top location for scuba diving and snorkeling. Ko Lipe can only be reached from other islands by boat or ferry.
Pattaya Beach, Sunrise Beach, and Sunset Beach are the three main beaches on the island, and they are all a 15-minute walk apart. A number of uninhabited islands, including Koh Adang and Koh Rawi, are also accessible by short boat rides.
With a variety of coral reefs, pinnacle reefs, and even a wreck, the island is one of the best places in Thailand for scuba diving. On the island, there are a number of PADI-certified scuba shops and instructors that can help both novice and expert divers.
Interesting facts about Koh Lipe:
1) Ko Lipe may be traveled on foot in 30 minutes from one end to the other.
2) Koh Lipe is home to Chao Ley people (people from the water), who live on Koh Lipe after being granted permission to do so in 1909.
3) Ko Lipe means "Paper Island" in the indigenous Chao Ley language.
4) The island has no cars and limited roads. Motorbikes and scooters are the only motorized vehicles in use. The Chao Ley operates the local taxi boats, which cost about 50 Thai Baht per person to travel anywhere on the island.
5) As Koh Lipe island is a component of the Tarutao Marine National Park, which is made up of a total of 51 islands. Koh Adang, Koh Rawi, and Koh Tarutao are a few adjacent islands that are accessible as well.
Attractions in Koh Lipe:
- Pattaya beach
- Sunrise beach
- Sunset Beach
- Sanom beach
- Bulow beach
- Koh Lipe walking street
- Ko kra
- Hantalay Temple
- Ko Usen
- Koh Adang
- Famous beach-facing bars and restaurants
- Witness amazing Sunrise and Sunrise at Beaches
- Experience Diving or Snorkeling
- Do Kayaking or Paddleboarding
- Explore Koh Adang
- Go beach hopping
- Enjoy and relax at the best restaurants in Koh Lipe
- Discover the Walking Street in Koh Lipe
- Enjoy Koh Lipe nightlife
- Don't miss Thai Massage, Yoga classes, and Meditation
How to Get to Koh Lipe:
The best option to reach Koh Lipe is to buy the all-inclusive ticket, often called as Fly'n'Ferry which includes:
1) Flight from Bangkok to Hat Yai airport.
2) Shuttle from Hat Yai airport to Pak Bara Pier.
3) Ferry or Speed boat from Pak Bara Pier to Koh Lipe.
Top things to do in Koh Lipe:
Best Time to Visit Koh Lipe:
You should be aware that there are two primary seasons in the southern part of Thailand:
1) May to October is the wet season: The off-season is now. It may rain continuously for several hours each day throughout this time. Many stores and bars are still closed, there are a lot fewer tourists in the area, and many hotels have lower off-season rates.
2) From November to April is the dry season: The peak time is now. The weather is generally sunny with little to no rain and a somewhat colder ambient temperature of about 25 degrees Celsius. Because there are more visitors, hotels will charge peak season prices, which can be double those of low season.