Following the drop in Covid cases, the Indian Government on Tuesday proclaimed to re-open the Kartarpur corridor which unites Sikh shrines in India and Pakistan.
Home Minister Amit Shah steered to the micro-blogging site Twitter and said, "In a major decision, that will benefit large numbers of Sikh pilgrims, PM @Narendramodi govt has decided to re-open the Kartarpur Sahib Corridor from tomorrow, Nov 17. This decision reflects the immense reverence of Modi govt towards Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji and our Sikh community".
The centre has announced that Pilgrimage through the Shri Kartarpur Sahib Corridor would be facilitated as per existing plans and adherence to Covid protocols.
However, Indian passport holders and OCI holders can visit Kartarpur. Also, the centre has announced that foreigners are not allowed.
Documents needed for Kartarpur Corridor visit registration:
- Valid Indian Passport or OCI
- Your blood type
- Name of your local police station (if Indian)
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph (in JPG format not exceeding 300 kb in size).
- Scanned copy of Passport (containing photo & personal particulars) and last page containing family details in format only not exceeding 500 kb in size.
- Scanned Copy of the first page of OCI Card in format only not exceeding 500 kb in size.
Kartarpur Corridor eBooking: Steps to apply
- Go to prakashpurb550.mha.gov.in.
- Click on 'Apply Online' at the top
- Select your nationality and date of journey.
- Press 'Continue' to proceed.
- The website will show the dates on which slots are available.
- Select the day you want to visit Kartarpur as per the availability.
- Part A of the Kartarpur Corridor registration form will appear on the screen Fill it and click on 'Save & Continue.
- Do the same for the remaining parts as well.
- You can check the registration status on the same portal by entering your registration number, passport number and date of birth.
- Take a printout of the registration form and keep it with you for reference.
- You will receive SMS and e-mail after a successful registration.