St. John Church, dedicated to St. John, is a prominent tourist attraction of Dharamshala, situated at Forsythganj. Founded in 1852, the church has been built in the neo-gothic style of architecture. The church is widely admired for its Belgian stained-glass windows, which were donated by Lady Elgin, wife of the then viceroy of India, Lord Elgin.
The bell tower of the church was destroyed in a massive earthquake in 1905, after which a new bell tower, brought all the way from England, was installed in 1915. The Church of St. John is also popularly known as Lord Elgin's Memorial.