Golghar or the Round House in Patna
Located to the west of the Gandhi Maidan at Patna in the state of Bihar, India, is the Golghar or the round house, a huge granary built in 1786 by Captain John Garstin. This granary was built here by the British army to store grains after the worst famine that occurred in 1770.
The spiral staircase of this massive building offers a spectacular view of Patna city and the River Ganges nearby. At time of its construction, it was the tallest building in Patna.