Haldighati, located at a distance of 40 km from Udaipur, is known in history for the famous Battle of Haldighati, fought between Maharana Pratap of Mewar and Raja Man Singh of Amber. The battle which was fought in 1576 had caused a lot of bloodshed and destruction.
The region is named as Haldighati as the yellow coloured soil of the region resembles turmeric (Haldi). The ground which served as the battlefield for the legend, Maharana Pratap, also became the place where his famous horse Chetak took his last breath.
A cenotaph (chhatri) built in memory of Chetak is located 4 km from the battlefield. This cenotaph, which is made up of pure white marble is a symbol of respect and admiration for the faithful horse.
Balicha Village, located very close to this place, is famous for its terracotta crafts. Bashahi Bagh, on the other hand, is famous for 'Chaitri-Gulab'. Rose water and 'Gulkand' (Jam made from rose petals), which have great medicinal value are the highlights of this garden.