Travel fanatics! No doubt you spend a great deal on travelling. Does the expenditure hinder your plans? then budget travel is the best idea. Not just for frequent travellers but also helpful for those who want to explore within a decent budget. Here is a list of best places for you to travel in India within 10k.
These destinations are fantastic for budget trips in India. Have a look!
Sunset at Mangalore Beach
Photo Courtesy: Sherry J. Ezhuthachan
The aura of coastal life is unique and interesting; that too a place with good food along with splendid scenery is like 'icing on the cake'! Mangalore is all about beaches, food and religious places. It is a city which has charmed the visitors for years and one of the best for budget travels in Karnataka!
Places to Visit in Mangalore:
- Tannir Bhavi Beach, Mangaladevi Temple, Panambur Beach, St.Alosius Chapel.
- Budget Hotels: Low budget hotels to luxury resorts are available in and around Mangalore.
- Nandini Lodge, Woodside Hotel, Hotel Surya, Hotel Roopa.
Parrot at Binsar
Photo Courtesy: gkrishna63
Explore the wildlife and the quaint surroundings of Binsar in Uttarakhand. If you are planning a trip from Delhi, Binsar is one of the must visit offbeat destinations. The untouched valley with the backdrop of mountain peaks strikes a good conversation with your heart. Binsar can surely be covered well within a Rs.10, 000 budget.
Places to Visit in Binsar:
- Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, Binsar Zero Point, Kasar Devi Temple, Khali Estate.
- Budget Hotels: There are several low-budget hotels, resorts and homestays in Binsar and Almora
- Prakash Guest House, Binsar Eco Camp (little expensive), Ayush Guest House, Hotel Himasagar.
Photo Courtesy: Dhruvaraj S
A town with so many attractions around must be a good choice for weekend travel! Yes, the town of Pollachi never fails to attract the visitors year-round. Especially, during monsoons it is a bliss to explore the beautiful vistas at Pollachi. No doubt, it is one of the best places which you can travel in South India within 10k.
Places to Visit in and around Pollachi:
- Annamalai Wildlife Sanctuary, Amaravathi Dam, Thirumoorthy Hill, Topslip Tiger Forest.
- Budget Hotels: Krishna Inn, Silver Heights Homestay, Monica Garden Bungalow, Pollachi Classic Club and Resort.
Photo Courtesy: ptwo
Lonavala and Khandala
It is fun to roam around in the twin hill stations of Lonavala and Khandala. Don't give a miss to these destinations in monsoons! Hurry up, if you haven't explored yet.
Places to Visit:
- Lion's Point, Bhushi Dam, Pavana Lake, Lohagad Fort.
- Budget Hotels: Lion's Den Hotel Homestay, Aroma Cottage, Hotel Dreamland, Ryewood Green.
Photo Courtesy: Nick Johnson
Hampi is vast and engrossing; a must visit for every heritage lover! This World Heritage Site is worth your money and time. Not that expensive also, you can easily enjoy the Hampi trip within 10k in Karnataka.
Places to Visit in Hampi:
- Virupaksha Temple, Stone Chariot, Musical Pillars, Vijaya Vittala Temple.
- Budget Hotels: Gowri Resort, Kishkinda Heritage Resort, Clarks Inn, Hotel Shanti.
Photo Courtesy: Manish Vohra
Get away and be engulfed in the lap of nature at Dhanaulti! It is also one of the best destinations for budget travel in India.
Places to Visit in Dhanaulti:
- Mussoorie (40km), Dhanaulti Adventure Park, Surkhanda Devi Temple, Eco Park, Camp Thangdhar.
- Budget Hotels: Camp O Royale, Hotel Snow View, Hotel Drive Inn, Crown Plaza Hotel.
Photo Courtesy: Dhruvaraj S
The beauty of Wayanad traps each and every traveller. The lush green landscapes sing happy songs to those who step in this popular destination in Kerala. Surely, Wayanad can be covered in a decent budget.
Places to Visit in Wayanad:
- Edakkal Caves, Chembra Peak, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Banasura Sagar Dam.
- Budget Hotels: Wayanad Safe Home, Haritagiri Hotel and Ayurvedic Village, Peter's Hill View Residency, Hiliya Resort (Sultan Battery).
Photo Courtesy: Os Rupias
The dynamic Goa is the favourite of all; the un-ending coastal line, food and nightlife is the best here. The charismatic environment makes Goa a hit among most younsters and also one of the best destinations for budget travel.
Places to Visit in Goa:
- Old Goa, Anjuna Beach, Dudhsagar Falls, Vagator Beach.
- Budget Hotels: Sangolda Greenz (Bardez), Hotel Sai Baga (Baga Area), Joia Do Mar Resort (Calangute), Colva Holiday Homes.
Photo Courtesy: Karthik Easvur
The Strawberry Hill Mahabaleshwar is one of the top monsoon destinations in Maharashtra. The serene vistas of this hill station with many viewpoints and attractions is a must visit place.
Places to Visit in Mahabaleshwar:
- Arthur's Seat, Mapro Garden, Venna Lake, Lingamala Waterfalls.
- Budget Hotels: Pratap Heritage, Shreyas Hotel, Grand Resort, Hirkani Garden Resort.
Photo Courtesy: Pannitan
A long stretch of sea invites you to Kovalam near to Thiruvananthapuram. Don't miss out on amazing sunrise and sunset views, vast horizons of the sea and the tranquil nature at Kovalam.
Places to Visit in Kovalam:
- Lighthouse Beach, Hawa Beach, Samudra Beach, Veli Tourist Village.
- Budget Hotels: It is better to stay in Thiruvananthapuram if you are looking for accommodations with decent prices.
- Ginger Trivandrum, Pappukutty Beach Resort, Hotel Silver Sand, Beach Florra Inn (Kovalam).
Enjoy the best in cool budget!