When you feel a little bored of every other thing, it is good to head towards the wildlife. We all need a break from the noisy city, yet it is impossible to travel far all the time. That is why Bannerghatta National Park has a lot of importance for being such a tranquil abode very near to the city limits of namma Bengaluru.
Bannerghatt National Park
Photo Courtesy: Rameshng
It is one destination where Bengalurians visit whenever they feel like! No one gets bored of this place even when they have visited several times. Such is the effect Bannerghatta has on the locals.
Tall trees and jungle landscapes begin to welcome as we near to the park. Bannerghatta Biological Park is just not a favourite of children but a hit among people of all age groups.
Photo Courtesy: Rajesh Kumar
Let us take a tour at every nook and corner of this beautiful park!
The sprawling campus of Bannerghatta Zoo is always brimming with crowds. It has several animal enclosures, bird enclosures and also a reptile park. Bears, monkeys, tigers, cheetas, deer, elephants, snakes, turtles and many colourful birds keep the tourists engaged. If you are keen on learning more about the conservation of wildlife, watch a small movie in the theatre located in the Zoo.
Catch up with the big cats
Photo Courtesy: Miraage Clicks
Bannerghatta National Park has three kinds of Safaris. Ragihalli Reserve Forest surrounding the park is the place for a wildlife safari.
There are Lion and Tiger Safari, Herbivore Safari and Bear Safari. Tourists are taken in the enclosed jeeps and minibuses for the ride.
Photo Courtesy: Muhammad Mahdi Karim
Butterfly Park is one of the unique attractions in Bannerghatta National Park. A large building just outside the Zoo has many species of butterflies. In fact, many butterflies found in the Zoo and the surrounding forest areas are caught and taken to Butterfly Park. Don't miss on visiting this place.
You can also go boating in Bannerghatta Biological Park. Kavalkere Lake is the venue for boating here.
Birds in the park
Photo Courtesy: shrikant rao
Bannerghatta is one place where we can see the jungle landscapes near to the city. So, don't miss out on exploring one of the best tourist places in Bengaluru (Bangalore).
- Tourists have to take entrance tickets and also pay a reasonable fee for mobiles and cameras.
- Dustbins are kept at every nook and corners of the park. So, please use them and keep the surroundings clean.
- All animal enclosures are fenced. Still, do not go too near to the animals.
- Please don't try to feed any animals or disturb them for the photographs.
- Try not to use flash while clicking pictures as it irritates the animals.
- The park also has several monkeys, be careful with your belongings.
How to Reach Bannerghatta National Park
- By Bus: Thanks to BMTC, there is a bus stand very near to the park. Several buses from the main areas of the Bengaluru go to Bannerghatta. So, it is not difficult to reach by bus.
- However, it is always convenient to go in your private vehicle or hire cabs.