Nalaknad Palace was built by Dodda Raja Veerendra, the king of Kodagu, between 1792 and 1794. It is situated on the foothills of the Tadiandamol mountain peak, near the village of Yavakapadi in the Kodagu District of Karnataka. The palace was constructed as a hunting lodge and was considered a place of safety for Chikka Veerarajendra, the last king of Kodagu.
The historical landmark is also known as the 'Nalku Naadu Aramane', which means the palace of four villages. The two-storeyed palace is a thatched roofed structure that houses an immense wealth of history. All 12 pillars as well as the walls of the palace are embellished with graceful carvings. Trekkers are permitted to use the palace as a camping site. Nalaknad Palace is currently managed by the Directorate of Archaeology and Museums, Government of Karnataka. Visitors on a trip to Tadiandamol should visit this palace if time permits.