Churu is located 82 km away from Shekhawati. This district of Rajasthan is famous for a number of luxurious havelis (mansions) and forts constructed in the typical Rajasthani style of architecture.
Various images on the exterior walls of these forts and havelis depict the story of local heroes. The walls of the three havelis, namely, Kanhaiyalal Bagla Haveli, Surana Haveli and Malji Ka Kamra have paintings depicting various episodes from the life of Dhola and Maru (actors of a local tale).
A fort built by Thakur Khushal Singh in the year 1739 is a noted attraction of the place. Some other worth-visiting sites are the Nagar Shree Museum, Laxminarayan Chandgothia Haveli and Laxminarayanji Temple.
A few historical attractions like the Aath Kambh Chhatri and Gondia Chhatri are also quite popular. Beautiful murals and paintings make the interiors of these chhatris beautiful, which treats the eyes of onlookers.
Other attractions in the district are the Raghunathji temple, Chandgothia Temples, Jama Masjid, Nath Ji Ka Dhora, Sethani Ka Johara and Balaji Temple.