Mandawa is a town located in the Jhunjhunu District of Rajasthan and lies in the centre of the Shekhawati region. The fort town of Mandawa is located 168 km off Jaipur in the north and is well connected to other parts of the region by a good network of roads. Mandwa is famous for its forts and havelis.
The Mandawa Fort, also known as the Castle Mandwa, built in the 18th century, is a colossal fort that has a painted arched gateway with pictures of Lord Krishna and his cows. The fort was constructed by Thakur Nawal Singh, son of Shardul Singh, in Vikram Samvat 1812 (1755 AD).
The fort is built with a medieval theme and is adorned with beautiful frescoes. Paintings of Lord Krishna, exquisite carvings and amazing mirror works are fundamental to the rooms of this fort. A number of antiques and paintings enhance the beauty of the darbar halls of this fort.
The Castle Mandwa has now been converted into a heritage hotel which is managed by the royal family of Mandawa. The hotel has a total of 70 rooms which include standard, deluxe, luxury suite & royal suite categories.
A multi-cuisine restaurant is also present here where tourists can enjoy various delicacies including regional specialties. The other services that are offered here include 24 hour room service, travel desk, forex, swimming pool (3 km away at Desert Resort), cultural show, theme dinner, horse safari, camel safari, village safari etc.