Ramathra Fort, located at Sapotara in the Karauli District of Rajasthan, lies between Keoladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary in Bharatpur and Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve in Sawai Madhopur. Kela Devi Wildlife Sanctuary is the closest wilderness to the fort and is located at a distance of 15 km. This fort is famous for offering lakeside and countryside views to travellers.
The fort, in 1645, was granted as jagir (fiefdom) to Thakur Bhoj Pal by his father, who was the Maharaja of Karauli. Thakur Brijendra Raj Pal and his family manage the fort these days.
The fort has two temples inside it; one of them is dedicated to Lord Ganesha while the other is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The Shiva temple has a marble idol of Lord Shiva which displays the craftsmanship of the early 18th century.
While on a visit to the fort, the tourists can enjoy the beautiful views of the farmlands, rugged scrubs of the Daang Plateau, Kalisil Lake and its irrigation canal. It is a delight to watch a large number of birds at the lake which flock from the nearby Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary.