Located on an island in the centre of Lokhota talav is the Lakhota Palace also known as the Lakhota tower, which has now turned into a museum housing rare collections and artifacts. On orders of Jan Ranmalji, the tower was constructed for drought relief, when it failed to rain in the area during the years 1834, 1839 and 1846. Present in the museum are art pieces from the 9th ans 18th century and poetry from the medieval villages close by. There is also a guardroom within the museum which houses swords, powder flasks, guns and weapons, which show how strong and powerful the military of the area was during those times. The museum is open for public viewing between 10.30 am and 5.30pm.