Mahatma Gandhi Hall is one of the landmark buildings of Indore. It was built in the year 1904 and was named the King Edward Hall. After India gained independence, this grand hall was renamed as Mahatma Gandhi Hall in 1948. The hall, designed in Indo-Gothic architectural style by Charles Frederick Stevens of Bombay, is an architectural wonder. It is also known as the town hall.
The hall holds major attraction for the tourists in the form of a clock tower. This four-faced tower is built in the center of the building and has a dome covering it. The hall is also known as the clock tower or Ghanta Ghar among the locals. The terraced roof, ornamental moldings, high ceilings, furnished rooms, minarets all work together to give the place a grand look. The spacious hall can easily accommodate 2000 people. The hall houses a children’s park and a library.