Akhand Chandi Palace, constructed by King Umed Singh around 1747-1765 AD was once the residence of royal Chamba family. In the later years, the temple was refurbished by King Sham Singh with the support of British engineers. The descendants of the family later handed over their mansion to the state government.The glass work and painted walls of the building were once famed for their beauty. Today, due to lack of maintenance these artifacts are in a ruined condition. The beauty of the palace can be judged from magnificent ceilings, which represent the artistic excellence of that era. Other attractions of the place include temples and mansions located in the vicinity.