The Government Museum is a prominent tourist attraction in Bharatpur. It is located inside the Lohagarh Fort. The museum displays a splendid collection of the historic wealth of Bharatpur. Now a museum, this building served as administrative block to the rulers of Bharatpur.
In 1944, the administrative block, Kachahri Kalan, was transformed into the museum. Later, the first floor of this building, Kamra Khas, was added to the museum, as well. These buildings were built by Maharaja Balwant Singh in the 19th century.
The museum exhibits a rare compilation of ancient sculptures, paintings, coins, inscriptions, coins, zoological specimen, decorative art objects and arms and weaponry used by the Jat rulers. The art gallery in the museum displays miniature paintings drawn on litho paper, mica and leaves of the peepal tree.
This museum is only 4 km away from the main bus stand and the railway station of Bharatpur.