The Khanderi Fort was constructed almost 320 years back in 1678. It came under the British rule for a period of time. It was handed over to them by the Peshwa Dynasty.
Situated in Alibag, the fort is located 3 km from the Thai Beach, standing strong on a piece of small island. There is a lighthouse in the vicinity too.
It is presently managed by the Bombay Port Trust Administration. The fort is open to visitors provided they get permission of access from the Bombay Port Trust.