Akbar's Palace and Museum, built in 1570 AD is counted among the strongest citadels of Rajasthan. It served as the meeting place of Mughal emperor Jahangir and Sir Thomas Roe, the English Ambassador to the Mughal court. The Palace was meant to serve as residence to the Emperor and his troops while they were in Ajmer. In 1908, it was converted into a museum, which houses many Hindu Idols of the 6th and 7th centuries and of later years as well; these idols mostly depict a mix of Rajput and Mughal style of design.
A large black marble statue of Goddess Kali is one of the most famous displays here. Age old military and war equipments, ancient artillery and arsenals, sculptures and stone sculptures can also be seen in this museum.